Monday, October 21, 2013

Drunk brog, slash I just need to say this one thing, Chipotle

Two beers does a 130-pound (Hooray! I've been 125 pounds since middle school! It must be all of these beers I've been drinking! Or maybe it's just a tumor!) girl in, let me tell you. Or let Levi tell you -- he's the one whose lap I'm writing this from. He's all like "Girl, get your keyboard out of my lap!" And I'm like, "Dude, I just need to type a few more words". Which, I get it. A few more words in drunkspeak is at least 2,419.  And a lot of those words are slurred together, so it's actually like 5,201. Doyouknowwhatimeandrunkdrunkdrunk? So I was in Chipotle today, just like any other day, only today I read that in 2014 Chipotle is planning to raise its prices. So I made a joke about it, which was something along the lines of asking for extra-extra sour cream and cheese. You know, to make Chipotle really PAY for it, and since I already ask for extra sour cream and cheese, I'll have to ask for an embarrassing heap more of it. So today, I'm in Chipotle, ordering my burrito (Which, turns out, is totally out of style, as my burrito was surrounded by ONLY BURRITO BOWLS on the eat-line. What is so uncool about tortillas all of a sudden? That's one of my favorite parts about a burrito. Sometimes I ask the Chipotle person for an EXTRA tortilla. Not ONE FEWER tortilla. Tomorrow I'll ask for a CAPITAL LETTER tortilla.), and, in the midst of feeling uncomfortable like you feel in a too-tight pair of underpants full of pistachio pudding, I notice that there's a misplaced apostrophe on the menu. Two times. Both times in the same word, but still. It's Chipotle. If you're going to sell humanely-raised meat AND raise your prices, you MUST put your apostrophes in the right place. (Chipotle would have put an apostrophe after the letter "e" in "apostrophes" in that last sentence). But, no. At the Cherry Creek Chipotle, there is an apostrophe looking all haggard and bunchy here: "Kid's Menu". At first I thought it was because I was in Cherry Creek, so it was totally possible that there's this one kid who gets this Chipotle to herself. But then I saw THREE kids in line (all in Patagonia puffy jackets just like their female caregiver whose Burberry uterus, I assumed, was their Invitro oven), so I settled on it being an error in apostrophes. So that's annoying. How can I trust my burrito when its kids' menu pardner is not even punctuated correctly? But then I asked for extra, extra sour cream on my burrito (with god-forsaken and now scrutinized tortilla), and all of that sour cream ended up in the bottom fourth of my burrito. The whole way through the eating of my burrito I was thinking I'd ordered extra sour cream, and, Jesus, where is it, then I get to the last fourth of burrito and, yes -- THERE IT ALL IS. Here's what I think. Nobody wants to place the apostrophes in the right places. Fine. I can live with it. But I want something in return, Chipotle. Put the sour cream in ALL of the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment