Monday, January 3, 2011

Boot Debt

I don't know if I'm the only one who rolls this way, but I tend to over-buy things (that is, buy many of the same thing, but in different sizes and colors -- kind of like how Michael Jackson did with noses), then sort of use them, test them, feel and love them for a few days, then take most of them back and keep the one that ended up fitting my very particular bill. This week's culprit: Sorel's super awesome lace-up Cate the Great snow boot with super awesome oversized stitching details and super awesome over-the-boot Nanook-style leather gaiters. They're bad ass and, according my numerous below-zero, mucho snow tests over the last couple of days, they are not only good-looking, but they function well as winter boots.
























I highly recommend you own at least one pair of these boots. They will make you happy like this lady:






















But beware -- when you take back the pair you bought from REI, you'll feel really bad about wasting the partially-deaf shoe-fetcher's time. Thank goodness this year I made a resolution to feel less bad about being an asshole.













2 comments:

  1. Those look incredible! As does that woman's smile. How much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Err...$200. But there's a pair on eBay I'm hoping to win tonight for significantly less.

    ReplyDelete