Thursday, December 27, 2007

Barrel of Monkey

Almost every day I drive by a strip joint called "Shotgun Willie's," an active little booby bar where the parking lot's always packed and bright, illuminated by a glowing billboard topped with a giant shotgun hanging decidedly limp, I suppose having shot its load.  I don't have a picture of the object at hand, although I hope to post one eventually, so for now you'll have to settle for the erotic shot of the Love Pig's growth, which, for some reason, I find appropriate. My question/observation deals mostly with this giant, floppy firearm and whether or not it's appropriate. Not appropriate appropriate, but accurate appropriate. Would a stiff double barrel be more to the point? Or do potential customers see the lame cartoon steel, smile, and think, "That could be me," neglecting to imagine the wet spot seeping across the front of their jeans like a not-so-secret sea. Why not two guns? One stiff, one limp? And why, when you go to the Shotgun's website, are you presented with a far more disturbing image, a caricature of an old cowboy holding an animated double-barreled shotgun, the holes at the ends of its barrels shifty and expressive? Why would patrons wish to make eye contact with a double-barreled phallus? As for its double-barreledness, that's another question entire. 

1 comment:

  1. Funny thing about the 'sick' poll. I think my favorite part, as I experienced today, was writhing in pain from stomach cramps so severe that I had to go to the emergency room. This is just a "flu bug' that's going around according to the nurse. What the hell kind of continent do I live on where a flu bug sends you to the hospital?

    ReplyDelete