Saturday, December 8, 2007

Inverted, Pre-lit Values

I heard that, for Christmas this year, people are opting for inverted trees.  Why?  Because it's a 12th Century Central European tradition?  Perhaps.  But, more likely, because it "[allows] more room for the accumulation of presents underneath."  The tree, which comes pre-lit so that you can maximize on your mall hours, goes for $600 at Hammacher and Schlemmer.  But you're out of luck if you want one this year; their site notes that the upside down holiday accoutrement is sold out.

Are you kidding me? 

I thought we Americans, during the holidays, spent all of our money on giant lawn ornaments.  If we start spending our money on inverted Christmas trees, how will we buy our animated acre-sized snow globes and generator-powered seven-foot Santas?  And, if I do end up purchasing an inverted Christmas tree, will I also be able to buy the appropriate tree top/bottom decorative angel decked in a blood-smeared robe, of course, the angel having been impaled and pinned to the ground by the tree's tip top?

This is all terribly upsetting.  I think I'll turn to food therapy and go gnaw the ears off of my chocolate Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment