Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fourth of July Grand Lake Style


We spent the weekend in Grand Lake where, if you hiked up a short trail behind approximately 750 slowish Boy Scouts, you might see Adams Falls. A few years ago some guy pushed his pregnant wife into them. Look at those pretty flowers!




Lolevi tried on some little girl sunglasses. Stylish, but they only have a UV rating of pink pony.



It wouldn't be the fourth of July without a pair of pasty white old guy legs. And a novelty bikini shirt. And a cowboy hat. And cowboy boots. And a bucket full of money to help pay for the aloe later.




I celebrated my independence by totally pitting out my shirt. I'm an American -- I'll fly my B.O. flag if I want.




















And later topped off the liberty cake with a high-altitude bloody nose.



















Now we're back in the 'hood where it seems a solid twenty square blocks of neighbors have spent this month's unemployment checks on gun powder and war canons. Forget the right to bear arms -- here's to whiskey and earplugs.



No comments:

Post a Comment