Friday, July 29, 2011

Scab Friday

I'd like to declare Scab Friday the blog's first tradition. Which means you can start looking forward to next Friday's clots today! I'd like to also include the fresh carnage, so when I'm able, I will also include the newly-oozing wound. Maybe you'll get lucky and I'll do Bonus Tuesday, too, posting pictures of all the common household objects on which I've left pus.

Tubing behind a boat is a stupid thing to do -- your arm muscles are tested to Stretch Armstrong degrees, your sinuses are routed by speedboat wake, and generally you're left floating with a bleeding frontal lobe. There's also the strong possibility you'll endure tube rash, the phenomenon to which this week's scabs give thanks. Let's just say you've never seen so much elbow pus in a sleeping bag. Or have you, Roy Horn?

The original bloodletting:


Doesn't look too bad. But look how shiny!

Here's a picture of this Friday's scabs. For comparison purposes only, I've set them next to my Guinness World Record trophy. All hail:

2 comments:

  1. thou art a foul creature. i was eating a bagel when i saw your scab photos. i still ate that bagel, but i gave a hard look at your blogspot and vowed to make it rue the day. now remind me why you have a guiness book of world records? i know the answer will be awesome. my friend got one for moonwalking backwards from boulder. oh, this isn't a private email sent only to you? is this how facebook works?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found the blog, my friend. That's one more person who can contribute her scabs to Fridays. The world record is for the most shrimp eaten out of a human mouth by a duck. Totally awesome, I know. As far as I know, no one has yet challenged my record. Weird.

    ReplyDelete